Topic: Low frequency or Cannot find the source of it noise...........

Last edited by torment1 (28 August 2016 10:13)

Re: Low frequency or Cannot find the source of it noise...........

Thanks Pandora,

At lunchtime had very loud noise and the usual vibration.........but now only faint noise and I can't feel any vibration......for the first time in nearly a year.

Hello,  Terrible vibration and noise today.  Always is very bad over weekends and into the new week.

I'm very anxious about it..........

Last edited by torment1 (16 February 2012 17:02)

It's not out of the question.........

When I walked into the house late this afternoon it was almost quiet, the atmosphere was clear......it usually seems thick with vibration.

I can hear something now and more vibration, but it's not nearly as unpleasant as it can be.....

Oooh what's that flying around the room...Ahhh it's a hope..don't often see those these days....quite a rarity....

The noise and vib have been low today.....

Last edited by torment1 (13 August 2012 16:01)

Fairly 'quiet' so far today.....a faint rumble...hydraulic type hum....vibration there and unpleasant but not nearly as bad as it often is...........it will probably  get a lot 'louder' between 7.30 and 8pm....I can never relax because I am so anxious about what may happen later..........

Last edited by torment1 (29 May 2013 20:45)

Thankyou Joanna......for your words of support.......The loud noise hasn't started as yet....here's hoping....

I am so unhappy and depressed I often wonder how I am coping.......

The louder noise started...I noted it a 10pm in my diary, but it was before that it got going sad   I can hear a loud humming and pressure in my ears, an irregular thud and the sound of machinery moving.  the vibration has increased considerably..........

Last edited by torment1 (12 August 2012 09:18)

Pandora,  Thank you for support...I can't tell you what a difference it's made to me having you on my side...

I laid awake, most of the night, with continual noise present....

It's a beautiful frosty clear day here, shame it's blighted by noise and vibration.........

remembering the Dalai Lama's words......NEVER GIVE UP NO MATTER WHAT IS GOING ON NEVER GIVE UP.........

Last edited by torment1 (12 August 2012 09:20)

9pm Sunday...noise absolutely horrendous....causing pain in my ears......vibration more than 10/10........very cold frosty and clear.....sounds as if it's under my house.....unbelievable........

Normally I would leave the house at this stage, but it's far too cold and the roads are like an ice rink....

11.30pm....It's a very clear night and it's always worse when it's clear and cold.........

Last edited by torment1 (12 August 2012 09:21)

Any progress in measuring the low frequency noise ?

If i remember rightly you are you measuring using a weighted scale which may not include frequencies below 100Hz, which is why you dont register anything. Try measuring using the 'C' weighted scale this does not roll off low frequency like the A scale.

The other option is do you own an Iphone or Itouch ? There are applications which use the accelerometers to measure low frequency vibrations, so you would be able to see seismic type activities.

This would at least help you quantify the noise to other parties.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Hi dejavu,

There are no windfarms near my location, but I imagine the 'sound' would be similar....I liken it to being an active thunder cloud, with rumbling, pressure in the air, sometimes a noise like thunder cracking but in the house.....I have thought these are possibly sonic booms???.....

It gives me hope to know somebody won a court case with a similar problem.....

Last edited by torment1 (12 August 2012 09:23)

Things were fairly quiet yesterday....and have been up til now today......still have something going all the time, but at least it's not the terribly loud noise...

Last edited by torment1 (13 August 2012 16:05)

Well......it just goes on......yesterday and today....... continuing vibration and humming.....I've put more electrical things going to try and cover noise.....but can still feel it in my ears...

I have my 85 yr old mother staying with me....and she can hear it.

I just get more determined....

Last edited by torment1 (12 August 2012 09:36)

It does have times when it is louder than others.......but I do hear something going all the time.....could be separate things I'm hearing.....!

If it is low frequencey noise it seems to take a couple of weeks before people become aware of it, so it's not as if anyone could view the house and immediately notice that there is a problem.....one day when it was otherwise quiet, they would notice that the house is vibrating... neutral

Last edited by torment1 (13 August 2012 16:07)